Diseases of the liver and biliary tracts
In hepatobiliary system diseases (pains, feeling of heaviness in the right hypochondrium, nausea and vomiting; dyskinesia of biliary tracts, acute and chronic cholecystitis, acute and chronic viral hepatitis, hepatic fibrosis and cirrhosis, toxic lesion of the liver, alcoholic hepatic disease, etc.) the following treatment scheme is recommended.
- In presence of concrements in the gallbladder and absence of signs of concrement evacuation device treatment in the right hypochondrium and in direct projection of the gallbladder must not be performed.
- Zone of direct projection of the liver is treated.
This zone can be found by percussion defining of hepatic dullness borders. In a healthy individual these borders have the following location:
The upper border begins on the right side at the sternal edge of the 6th costal cartilage, corresponds to the cartilage direction till its transition into the 6th rib and descends obliquely along lateral and posterior thoracic walls to approach the 11th rib near the spine.
- The lower border of hepatic dullness is shown also by a bowed line which begins on the left side, approximately in the middle of the distance between parasternal and medioclavicular lines,along anterior median line of the body it divides into halves the distance between xyphoid process and the umbilicus; along the right medioclavicular line it crosses the costal arch, and along the scapular line it reaches the 11th rib. In case of liver enlargement or hepatoptosis the lower border moves downwards.
- Then asymmetry zones, universal zones, microcorrespondence zones, metamerism zone, segmentary ring zone, zone of the tongue are treated for of DENS-therapy duration in direct liver projection (no more than two zones per session).
- In acute attack of chronic
diseases treatment time of direct liver projection zone decreases and treatment time of zones given in point 3 increases within the first 24 hours after elimination of the main complain. Choice of zones is individual and is defined by achievement of effective condition stability. For choice of individual
scheme the zones should be alternated.
During DENS-therapy anti-inflammatory, bile-expelling, hepatoprotective and hepatoreparative effects are quickly achieved; the activity of hepatic enzymes in their initial increases decreases two times quicker, usually before bilirubin blood level normalization.