Peculiarities of device use in pediatric practice
- Device may be used immediately after the baby is born.
- Children under the age of 3-4 years must be hold in mother’s arms during DENS-therapy session in order to achieve higher efficacy of treatment.
- A very anxious child should be preliminary calmed down. An infant may be treated during feeding.
- Children of younger and pre-school age should be acquainted with the turned off device before the first treatment session. Tell the child a tale about it, let the child touch and hold it. Then demonstrate sound effects and action of the device on yourself. It is necessary that the child should become friends with the device and regarded it as a favorite toy.
- Before treating a child ALWAYS try the energetic power level on your own skin or tongue!
- In treatment of children under 5 years dozed mode and minimal energetic level are predominantly used (excluding urgent aid).
- Treatment duration is defined
by the dynamics of complain. Mean duration of one procedure depends on the child's age:
in infants 1 -3 years old вЂ” 15-20 minutes;
in children 3-5 years old вЂ” 20-25 minutes;
in children older than 5 years вЂ” 25-40 minutes;
in adults вЂ” 35-40 minutes.
If the child has fallen asleep during device treatment, the session should be discontinued immediately.
If the child seldom falls ill, treatment should be performed by complain from one up to several sessions within 1 -3 days. Children who are often ill need a treatment course for 8-10 days.
In children who has not yet reached puberty zones of direct projection of uterus and its appendages, and testes must not be treated.
Methods and schemes of device treatment in a majority of forms are analogical to those given in corresponding chapters, but peculiarities of pediatric practice should be taken into consideration.
The younger the child is, the quicker positive treatment result is achieved.
The earlier DENS-therapy begun, the better is the result.